Hayden GarnerClinical Lead Physio - Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Qualifications and Membership
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
- Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy – La Trobe University
- Master of Physiotherapy – The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science - Australian Catholic University
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- Member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia
Post Graduate Study
- Watson Headache Institute - Cervicogenic Headache - Level 1
- APA Complete & Advanced Lumbar Spine and Pelvis
- Vestibular Rehabilitation - Vanessa Simpson
- APA Complete & Advanced Upper Cervical Spine & Head
- APA Complete & Advanced Upper Quadrant
- APA 3D Assessment & Treatment of Cervical/Thoracic Spine & Ribs
- The Essential Foot and Ankle - Matthew Stewart
- Treatment of the Lumbar Spine and Pelvis
- APA Sports Physio - Level 1
- Active Release Techniques of the Spine
- Physio Concepts - Level 1
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Level 1
- APA Acute Sporting Knee
- APA Spinal Physio Part A (Cervical)
- APA Spinal Physio Part B (Lumbar)
- Global Education of Manual Therapists - Dry Needling Introductory Course
Available: Monday - Friday
Hayden is a Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (top 5% of the profession) and is on his way to becoming a Specialist Physio (top 0.5% of the profession). You would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated and knowledgeable expert this side of Sydney Harbour. With 2 Masters degrees and a Bachelor of Exercise Science, you wouldn't believe that Hayden started out his career as a lift mechanic but saw that he could contribute more in being a human body mechanic! It is this thorough scientific analysis of how the individual pieces operate as a whole that makes him the expert in structural assessment and biomechanical analysis that is required of a Titled Physiotherapist.
Hayden is a lifelong learner and loves using his transformational approach to evoke change in all of his patients, encouraging them to exceed their expectations. Hayden has always been a lateral thinker and after a few years as a physiotherapist was thoroughly enjoying treating people with difficult to understand pain syndromes. With the aim of providing the latest scientific research and the highest quality of care he undertook a postgraduate Graduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and subsequently a Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy through La Trobe University. Only the top 5% of the physiotherapy profession reach this level of training.
Hayden has a special interest in complex neck and back pain as well as headaches, dizziness and TMJ (jaw pain). He has treated elite sportspeople as well as weekend warriors, but always loves a challenge. In his role as the Clinical Lead Physiotherapist at Fixio his patient load is heavily biased towards difficult cases and difficult and chronic conditions. Hayden also has extensive knowledge in shoulders, elbows and knees having undertaken advanced training in these areas.
As our Clinical Lead Physiotherapist, Hayden is Fixio’s super nerd on all of the latest scientific developments in the rehabilitation space! Hayden runs our professional development program and serves as our port of call on all difficult cases.
As a Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist Hayden adheres to the stringent criteria of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia group. Hayden is demonstrating his commitment to life long learning and being the best in the field by undertaking the gruelling Specialisation program. This is the highest level of qualification that a physiotherapist can achieve (much like a specialist doctor). Hayden remains a member of the Sports Physiotherapy Australia group and is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. Hayden is an expert at manual therapy and dry needling (a similar approach to acupuncture) to help his patients improve as quickly as possible.
Hayden is an avid reader and when he isn't in the clinic you will most likely find him reading non-fiction books or exploring outdoors with his vivacious young family. Come the weekend he enjoys watching AFL and taking his daughter swimming.
Hayden has a special interest in treating:
- People with complex neck or back pain
- People suffering from headaches, dizziness and TMJ (jaw) symptoms
- Shoulder conditions such as tendinopathy and bursitis
- Difficult to understand cases where there are multiple areas involved
Book in to see Hayden below:
Please note, if we don't have the availability you are looking for, please call us on 8964 4086