- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (James Cook University)
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports Medicine Australia
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- APA Sports Physio level 1
- Neuromuscular Dry Needling
- Advanced Shoulder Rehabilitation of the Rotator Cuff
Post Graduate Study
- The Sporting Shoulder Masterclass
- Optimal Loading of Muscle Injuries Masterclass
Jack is an holistic sports physiotherapist who focuses on the goals and needs of the individual. After graduating from the prestigious James Cook university, Jack returned to his home town in country Northern Queensland to give back to the community. He spent most of this time working in private practice, as well as providing services to aged care, community outreach, local mining operations and local sports stars. This provided Jack an excellent foundation to his career, exposing him to a wide range of injuries and conditions affecting people of all ages which is why his expertise is in obscure conditions that most physios have never seen.
Jack’s passion for strength, conditioning and rehab began at an early age after a string of injuries while playing cricket which led to time out of the sport. Excruciating stress fractures in his lower back due to elite level cricket gave him lots of exposure to the expertise of physiotherapists. Jack’s physiotherapist provided support and guidance through his rehabilitation enabling his eventual return to cricket. This life changing experience inspired Jack’s passion in sports related injuries and low back pain where he can be the person supportive of others on their journey to recovery.
While modest about it, Jack was a state level athlete in Athletics, Cricket and Rugby League during his schooling years. His current sporting interests include volleyball, golf, mixed netball, and touch football, in addition to regular functional fitness sessions. Jack has an extensive knowledge of movement required for athletic performance in these sports. Currently his main sporting interests are bouldering and golf.
Dedicated to developing his knowledge as a sports physiotherapist Jack has a special interest in injuries of the joints, particularly the knee and shoulders. That being said, his personal experience with low back pain gives him the unique perspective that no amount of study can teach you. Jack knows the importance of clear, simple explanations and even simpler exercises to get you back to living.
Jack has a special interest in treating:
- Shoulder pain with expertise in rotator cuff injuries
- Low back pain injuries including disc injuries
- Muscle tears especially calf, quad and hamstring tears
- Knee ligament injuries (MCL and ACL tears) and meniscus tears
- Pain associated with osteoarthritis
Book in with Jack below:
Experience the Difference
We do not settle for the traditional approaches. Average systems get
average results. Through hundreds of hours of scientific research, testing,
retesting, we have created the FIXIO SMART System. Our system ensures
that no-one slips through the cracks by systematic assessment and ticking
everything off the list. We fix the unfixable.