Damien GloverConsultant Physiotherapist - Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Qualifications and Membership
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
- Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy – La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) – The University of Sydney
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- Member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia
Post Graduate Study
- APA Spinal Level 1 and 2
- APA Sports Physio Level 1 and 2
- Treatment of the Pelvis and Lumbar Spine: Level 1 and 2
- Exercise Retraining for Lumbo-Pelvic Stability and Functional Recovery
- Certificate of Myofascial Pain Management – Dry Needling
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Level 1
- Sarah Key Back Course
Please note that Damien is currently on a break from consulting, in order to focus on helping our growing team and clinic operations. He co-consults on difficult cases and is available for 15 min obligation free phone consults during the week. Speak to him on 8964 4086
With expert understanding in anatomy and human biomechanics Damien assesses and treats every patient in a holistic fashion. Damien graduated from the Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) at The University of Sydney with distinction before moving directly into private practice. His first few years as a sports physiotherapist were extremely rewarding, working in elite Volleyball. He continued to work with elite athletes in the clinic however was realising that even the most elite athletes often needed thorough postural and nerve assessments. With the aim of providing the highest quality of care and the latest scientific research he undertook a postgraduate Graduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and subsequently a Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy through La Trobe University. Only the top 5% of the physiotherapy profession reach this level of training.
Damien has a special interest in back and neck pain as well as chronic and complex conditions, which can occur in the everyday population as well as elite sportspeople. His favourite patients are those that have seen multiple other practitioners with limited results as his unique approach to posture, movement and strength allows him to get results in even the most difficult of cases. Damien also has clinical interest in knees, ankles and shoulder problems, especially in court sports and throwing athletes.
As a Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist Damien adheres to the stringent criteria of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia group. He remains a member of the Sports Physiotherapy Australia group and is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. He has also studied progressive human biomechanics and is a Certified Level 1 Functional Patterns Human Foundations Practitioner. Damien values hands on treatment including dry needling (a similar approach to acupuncture) to evoke change and alleviate pain.
Damien has extensive knowledge of biomechanics in beach and indoor volleyball, Australian Rules football, soccer, golf and tennis. Outside of nerding out in his career, Damien enjoys travelling, reading, shamelessly supporting the GWS Giants and tries his hand at volleyball, swimming, rock climbing and golf. You are most likely going to find him at the beach volleyball courts at Manly or swimming from Manly to Shelly.
Damo has a special interest in treating:
- Patients who have been to other physios, chiros, osteos and don't feel understood
- Chronic and Complex conditions that other practitioners find difficult to understand
- Elite and high performance athletes
- High performing individuals who want to ensure they get results as quickly as possible